Did you know that La Belle Vie offers Vitamin B12 injections in Draper, Utah? Vitamin B12 plays a crucial role in energy metabolism, brain function, and red blood cell production. It is also an important vitamin for regulating oxygen in the body. As a result, deficiencies in B12 can work against your wellness. And a lack of Vitamin B12 can cause fatigue, weakness, and memory problems. It can also impair DNA synthesis.
A 2020 review published in Nutrients Journal states: “Deficiencies in cobalamin (vitamin B12) can result in diminished energy and exercise tolerance, together with fatigue and shortness of breath. These hematologic symptoms regress and disappear with supplementation with vitamin B12, for which doses and routes will depend on the cause and severity of deficiency”.
Unfortunately, many people are deficient in this vital nutrient and need to take in extra. There are several different ways to get more vitamin B-12 in your body. The best way is by eating foods that are B12-rich. However, with the mass and inorganic production of our food supply, it can be challenging to get these kinds of foods. The truth is that unless you eat only organic foods or grow your own, you may need to supplement your B12.
B12 shots are a quick and easy way to increase your vitamin B12 levels. They are safe, effective, and relatively inexpensive. At La Belle Vie Medical Care & Aesthetics in Draper, Utah, we offer vitamin B12 shots for your benefit. Interested in knowing a bit more? Here is what B12 is and what it can do.
What Is a B12 Shot?
A B12 shot (or vitamin B12 injection) is a quick and simple way of boosting your vitamin B12 levels. It is an injection of methylcobalamin, the form of B12 commonly found in organic food and supplements.
B12 shots are usually given IM (intramuscularly) or SC (subcutaneously). An IM injection is injected directly into the muscle and is considered to be more effective. An SC injection is injected under the skin and is known to be less uncomfortable than an IM injection.
What Are the Benefits of B12 Shots?
The benefits of B12 shots include the following:
- Increased energy levels. Vitamin B12 helps to increase the amount of energy your body produces by revving up your metabolism.
- Improved cognitive function. B12 helps to improve brain function, including memory, focus, and concentration.
- Improved mood. B12 helps to reduce fatigue, depression, and stress, giving you a better sense of well-being.
- Reduced nerve damage. B12 helps to protect nerve cells and can reduce the pain associated with neuropathy.
- Improved cardiovascular health. B12 helps to lower bad cholesterol and decreases the risk of developing heart disease.
- Improved metabolism. B12 helps to optimize metabolism, which can help with weight management.
Who Should Get a B12 Shot?
B12 shots can be beneficial for all adults, but they can be particularly helpful for those who may be deficient in Vitamin B12. Certain groups of people are more likely to suffer from B12 deficiency and can benefit from a B12 shot. These include:
- Vegetarians and vegans- Because animal products are the primary source of Vitamin B12, people who do not eat animal products can be at risk for B12 deficiency.
- Older adults- Older adults may have difficulty absorbing B12 due to decreased stomach acidity.
- People with certain medical conditions- People with Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, and certain types of cancer may be at greater risk for B12 deficiency.
- Pregnant women- Pregnant or lactating women may need to increase their B12 intake, as they can pass on a B12 deficiency to their babies.
Keep in mind that B12 shots are safe for all adults and not just for those listed here. If you are feeling tired or having difficulty concentrating or focusing, a B12 shot may help to increase your energy levels and alertness.
How Often and for How Long?
Typically, B12 shots are administered once a month. However, how often you need to get a B12 shot will depend on the amount of B12 you need and your individual health needs. For some people, B12 shots can be given more frequently, such as once a week. This may be the case for people with very low levels of B12 or for those needing a higher-than-normal dose, such as pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
It’s important to remember that B12 shots are not a ‘quick fix’ for energy levels or other health concerns. It’s best to get your B12 levels checked and then speak with your healthcare provider about whether you need a B12 shot and how often it should be given.
A B12 shot typically works quickly, and its effects can be felt within days. In fact, many of our clients report feeling more energized within 12 to 24 hours. Factors such as the amount of B12 in the shot and the severity of a person’s B12 deficiency can affect how quickly it can take effect.
Generally, most people who begin B12 shots will feel significant improvement within weeks due to increased energy levels and fewer feelings of fatigue. However, it can take some time to get your B12 levels back up to healthy levels depending on the severity of your deficiency.
Vitamin B12 Shots in Draper, Utah
At La Belle Vie, Vitamin B12 Shots are some of the most popular treatments among our clients. As a result, we run deals on these treatments regularly. Check out our monthly promotions to take advantage of great discounts. We also offer special memberships and annual packages. Our goal is to help you practice regular self-care and pampering at a low cost.
For more information on vitamin B12 shots in Draper, check out our Vitamin B-12 Shots services page. As always, please feel free to call our office with your questions. You can also set up a consultation online at any time.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.